*** Check to make sure microblading is right for you by reading our Terms & Conditions ***
To help your technician give you the brows you’ve always dreamed of, wear your normal makeup to the appointment. Bonus points if you bring in your makeup for a great colour match! You are also encouraged to bring photos of brows you love.
In order to get the best results from your microblading, certain things should be avoided to allow for proper healing.
- Botox – wait 3 weeks before getting microblading
- Retinol/Vitamin A or other anti-aging products – wait 1 month
- Chemical peels/laser treatments – wait 1 month
- No heavy sweating/working out on the day of the procedure
- No facials 2 weeks before procedure
- No tanning/sunburn 2 weeks before procedure
- No hair removal or tinting 3 days before procedure
- No aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin, vitamin E, or omega fatty acids for 48 hours before procedure (Tylenol/acetaminophen is ok) – check with your doctor before discontinuing any medication!
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hrs before procedure
- No smoking 24 hours before procedure if you can manage it – nicotine reduces the effectiveness of anesthetic and can cause the pigment to fade faster
Staying away from these things will help your skin retain pigment by reducing the amount of pigment pushed out by body fluids and excessive cellular turnover. (With the exception of botox – we ask that you wait because pressure is applied to the face during microblading which can disturb the botox and we don’t want to shift your beautiful features!)
For information on what to expect during your appointment, please see our FAQ page.
Ready to re-vamp your brows?
Make an appointment for your new and improved look!